About Me

Saturday, September 11, 2010

9th anniversary of Sept. 11th

This is a day where I wax philosophical.  Due to a nasty cold - I actually forgot!  My darling husband did not.  I have been pinning for a deep freezer.  Only people who coupon like I do and have food storage as an obsession can understand the signifigance of this.  I have been trying to figure out where in our 1300 square feet this deeply needed deep freeze would go.  Finally our neighbors Karla and Ben showed us how moving one shelf could make the space available.  I feel like I'm in NYC again just thinking in these ways.  So this tells you how amazing my husband is - he was in a fender bender while navigating the Jordan Landing parking lot (a virtual nightmare).  Due to construction cones he and another lady get in a fender bender - still can't figure out who is a fault - maybe the cones?  Even after this event manages to buy me my deep freeze and put a card in it for me to discover.  Good thing I didn't plug it in before opening it.

My main intention of journaling was not to write about my freezer - although it is obviously important to me!  But more one of reflection.  9 years seems like a long time ago and so much has happened.  I am so happy to say that in the seeking for a false sense of stability that I now own or am pretending to own by paying the bank a mortgage - the home we live in.  My children are both turning into wonderful people.  Timon who I am proud of and Duncan who I adore.  The images of people falling from the buildings will never fully leave my mind, but they don't haunt me and I don't sink into melancholy over thinking of how I have experienced more Drama and life in my 30's than most in their 60's.  Instead I have a small moment of wise today.  I think wisedom stems from gratitude.  And I have so much to be grateful for - not the very least of which is a new freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment